The ProForm 6.0 RT was launched as an entry-level treadmill in 2013. But this one is still modern.
It is exclusively designed for users who want a good quality treadmill that would be lightweight, packed with advanced features.
And not heavy on the pockets at the same time. The market is saturated with products that promise to meet all your expectations. You are literally spoilt for choices.
Here’s my take on the popular ProForm 6.0 RT. I hope my review will be able to help you judge whether this unit is THE treadmill for you.
ProForm 6.0 RT weighs around 300 pounds and measures 66.5 inches x 30 inches x 11 inches. It is powered by a 2.5 HP motor and reaches a speed of 10 mph. This kind of treadmill primarily targets customers who want to get into shape and stay fit through light to medium paced jogging on a daily basis.
It gives you an inclination up to 10%. You can smoothly adjust the inclination via the control panel. Which means, at the touch of an automated ramp button, you can either return to an even surface or run uphill.
The capability to control the incline helps you to push your limits, improve your lung capacity, cardiovascular system, endurance and strength.
Important Features in a Nutshell
- There is an 18” x 50” walking belt for maximum absorption. It has a small foothold which makes the machine a suitable exercise kit for home gyms. You can easily fold the equipment, carry it to an open space, e.g. your terrace, and enjoy your workout in fresh air. When you are done, fold the kit vertically, put it against a wall in a corner and save a lot of space.
- 8 preloaded workout programs by certified fitness trainers.
- It has a hand grip heart monitor to help you watch out your heart rate while working out.
- The handlebars are made using EKG Grip Pulse technology to give you a pulse reading.
- The console dash board is a brilliant addition, all the controls are clearly marked and very easy to operate.
- There is an LCD monitor that displays the stats viz. distance covered, current running speed, time elapsed, calories burned etc.
- 5 horsepower motor.
- A TreadSoft cushioning provides support to the joints, making the workout a comfortable experience.
- An iPod compatible jack that lets you enjoy your favourite music while working out.
- It has a bottle holder as well.
ProForm 6.0RT Treadmill has some extra benefits that you may love. And you may need. Here, we tried to give a perfect list of its merits for you. Check these if you like may go forward.
Crystal Clear Dashboard
The most eye-catching feature of the entire machine is the console. You can see large control buttons, with all the features marked clearly. It makes operating the machine a smooth experience for the beginners. You can optimize the speed and inclination according to the requirement from time to time while running on the treadmill.
High Quality LCD Display
The blue tinted LCD screen shows you the real time stats. You can constantly glance at the display to keep a check of your speed, distance and get useful feedback. You can customize the settings accordingly to attain your fitness goals. Monitoring also helps you to understand how your body is reacting to the impact and make sure you don’t push yourself too hard to obtain physical fitness.
The TreadSoft cushioning shock absorption technology used in this treadmill is another noteworthy feature. It minimizes the impact while running and makes running easier for people with severe knee problems.
The ProForm 6.0 RT is a unique take on the traditional treadmills which run on noisy electric motors. It does feel irksome while you are trying to focus on your performance. ProForm 6.0 RT operates on a silent motor. A cooling system has been added to the treadmill to make the motor long-lasting.
Say Goodbye to Space Issues
One of the biggest selling points of ProForm 6.0 RT lies in its standard size. A 300 pounds treadmill that offers several advanced features and saves nearly 50% of the storage space at a budget-friendly rate is clearly a winner in this competitive market.
Treadmills like ProForm 6.0 RT are perfect for daily jogging, walking, cardiovascular and aerobic exercises. Every time you stride on it, you melt down the excess calories from your body. High incline makes the muscle of the lower body stronger. People who have lung and heart ailments can reap great benefits from light jogging on this treadmill on a regular basis.
Long Warranty Period
It offers a guarantee period of 5 years for the frame and motor and 90 days for the labour and parts, which is higher than the warranty period offered by most other brands at this price point. So, this is a definite bonus!
- Due to its limited weight and dimension, this machine is not a great fit for serious runners. Consider this model only for low intensity workouts.
- I found the size of the deck a little on the shorter side for the tall users, especially those who have above 6 feet height.
The ProForm 6.0 RT is an excellent value for money deal for the majority of people who want easy-to-follow workout programs to lose extra weight and stay healthy. Apart from the minor glitches I mentioned above, I found the design, mechanism and performance, quite up to the mark. It’s very easy to assemble and control. Also, the 8 preloaded workout programs add a nice variety to your regime.